Need to comply with legislative standards or simply address worker health and safety concerns? With Certified Industrial Hygienists and highly trained occupational hygiene technicians, Western Health & Safety can help you address your hygiene needs.
From initial site walkthroughs and assessments to sample strategy development, and air sampling and analysis to control measure development, Western Health & Safety has the expertise and resources to meet your occupational hygiene requirements.
frequently asked questions View all FAQ list
The types of materials in your home that may contain asbestos are listed below:
- Flooring: Vinyl tiles, Linoleum sheet flooring, and flooring adhesives.
- Drywall joint compound.
- Window and door caulking.
- Textured or stipple-coated walls and ceilings.
- Plaster and stucco (interior and exterior).
- Cement board siding and under sheeting.
- Acoustic ceiling tiles.
- Loose, blown-in insulation such as vermiculite.
- Roof shingles and mastic.
- Pipe insulation.
- Furnace duct tape.
- Boiler and furnace insulation.
- Door and gasket covers.
Yes, you can drop off bulk material samples for asbestos analysis between the hours of 08:00 and 16:30, Monday to Friday. We are located at 1636 12 Avenue SW, Calgary. We recommend you call our office prior to drop off to ensure we have a technician available. Each sample must be submitted separately in a sealed plastic bag.
We can do rush, next business day by 15:00, or 5-day turn around time for results. We ask that you submit your sample no later than 13:00. If you submit your rush sample after this time, we cannot guarantee rush results.