Reporting to the Principal, the successful candidate will possess at least 5 to 7 years of experience in Hazardous Materials, Indoor Air Quality, Industrial Hygiene and general Health and Safety, and have formal qualifications such as a Bachelor’s of Science Degree, diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Sciences, or an equivalent technical degree, as well as building/contracting experience.
Years of Experience:
Number of Positions:
Entry Level, Experienced
View full job description
Full Job Description
You have a solid and proven track record as a motivated team leader, as well as hygiene, health and safety experience in business development and marketing, client relations and liaison, proposal writing, contract administration, as well as project management. You are an exciting, ambitious and motivational leader with strengths in developing, inspiring and empowering your team of professionals and support staff. You are also a self starter who is ambitious and energetic, always thinking outside the proverbial box, and adaptable and flexible to change.
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to effectively lead staff in a variety of situations. You can respond, and not react, to client needs in a controlled, yet effective manner, while using your progressive problem solving abilities. You are also customer service oriented, focusing on building and maintaining positive client relations.
At the minimum, ideal candidates will possess:
- Solid business development and marketing abilities;
- Proficiency in building and maintaining client relationships;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Experience in proposal writing, project management and contract administration;
- Superb problem solving skills;
- Intimate working knowledge of a variety of hygiene, health and safety issues in different working environments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and other computer-based programs;
- Effective time management and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities; and
- Reliable vehicle with appropriate registration and insurance (some travel may be involved).
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a competitive benefits package. Interested applicants should submit a detailed, confidential resume with cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Mr. Don Fillion, CIH, CRSP. Currently Western Health & Safety has no positions available at this time. We will keep your resume on file for future consideration.