1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
WHS may collect and/or track:
- The home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site,
- The e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with WHS or the Site via e-mail,
- Information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms and surveys, (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data), and
- Aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views.
WHS may place Internet “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, WHS may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Site.
When a visitor performs a search within the Site, WHS may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. WHS may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
WHS may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Site. WHS may occasionally send important notices or information to you from time to time.
- To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Site (such as account maintenance and record-keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes between yourself and WHS, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data Collected
WHS site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
All personal information created, held or collected is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at some point during the collection of information you will be asked for consent to collect your information or advised of the authority for such collection. You will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
4. Security Measures
WHS has implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. In particular, when a visitor provides information through the Site, WHS offers the visitor the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information a visitor inputs before it is sent to WHS, and is also used to store personal information securely.
5. Third Party Web Sites
6. Right to Change Policy
7. Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by WHS for the purpose of providing individuals with direct access to information about the sales, solutions and services offered.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may not be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from WHS copyright administrator.
8. Contact Information
Western Health & Safety
1636-12 Avenue SW